A bridge, connecting community with police.
- Serves as a vehicle for charitable gifts and grants from individuals, businesses, foundations and government;
- Is the only organization committed to raise funds on behalf of the EPS and;
- Provides grants to external agencies that are aligned with the EPS strategic vision for community policing.
The EPF encourages and supports programs in two main areas:
- Projects and equipment to improve the effectiveness of police activities that may fall outside of normal budget cycles or could not be considered within current municipal budget and;
- Crime intervention / prevention, education and health and wellness to strengthen the partnership between the police and the community.
Community + Policing = #TrueBlueFriendYEG is the EPF’s simple formula for making Edmonton the safest city in North America. Our community’s safety cannot rest on the shoulders of the EPS alone. As much as we all need the police, they need our support too. Please be a part of the solution by becoming a true-blue friend. Let’s put our voices and our dollars to work, as #TBF’s for our police and our community!
Donations to the Edmonton Police Foundation qualify for a charitable tax receipt. CRA #870259173RR0001